We'll be getting loose with bold new exercises in the morning to amp up your creative energy. Then in the afternoon, we'll sling some paint on giant canvases. You'll learn killer tricks for wielding color, developing kick-butt compositions, and keeping your mark-making fresh from start to finish. With over 40 years of experience between us, Julie and Cat have got your back when it comes to creating next-level abstract art. We wanna see you make paintings that don't just hang on the wall--they demand attention.
- North Port, FL -- April 16-20, 2024
- Santa Fe, NM -- September 10-14, 2024 [Signup starts early 2024]
Each workshop is limited to 6 participants and you’ll have adequate space to paint larger than you might ordinarily. Each artist will have their own painting wall with ample room to paint as large as 60”x72”.
Each day we will meet from 9am to 5pm. Water, coffee, treats and lunch will be provided each day.
The cost of the workshop is $1550 [plus FL sales tax if you live in Florida]. A materials list will be provided upon payment of the workshop fee .You will also be sent a waiver form to sign.
We will work with acrylic paint and mark making tools. Expect to complete at least 6 paintings. If you paint quickly, you may end up with 8-12 at the finish line.
A waiting list will be created for each workshop as needed. We look forward to working with you!
- Your enrollment in any workshop is only guaranteed by registration and payment in full
- We accept credit cards for your online payment and refunds.
- A minimum of 6 students is required per workshop. If the minimum is not met 30 days before the start date, the workshop may be cancelled. Students will be notified via email. A full refund will be issued. Therefore, it is recommended that artists not make non-refundable travel or lodging arrangement prior to 30 days.
- If there is a weather event in Florida that prohibits travel to Florida, the workshop will be cancelled and students will receive a full refund.
- Student cancellations must be submitted in writing and sent to: [email protected]
- Note: A full refund less an administrative fee of $100 is provided if cancellation occurs 61 days or more before the workshop. If cancellation is 60 days or less before the workshop, there will be no refund unless your space can be filled.
- There are no refunds/credits after the workshop starts.
- There is no refund, credit or make-up offered for missed days of any workshop.
Traveling by Air
- A fairly new (built in 2020) Hampton Inn & Suites is just 15 minutes from Cat’s studio: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34488-d21355560-Reviews-Hampton_Inn_Suites_North_Port-North_Port_Florida.html
- Airbnb: numerous options including Venice beach, which is 30 minutes away from Cat’s studio. https://www.airbnb.com
- VRBO: https://www.vrbo.com/
- Priceline: https://www.priceline.com/ [for deals on nearby hotels]
- Use Fed Ex or UPS ONLY. DO NOT require a signature for delivery.
- You are responsible for repacking and shipping your supplies and canvas back to your home. This means you will need to print a return ship label for every box/roll that you ship AND BRING IT WITH YOU.
- You will also need to bring packing tape and any other supplies to repack and prepare your items for return shipping.
- Set up your Fed Ex or UPS account & shipping prior to the workshop. Use this shipping address:
- Put YOUR NAME on the first line of the label
- Cat Tesla Workshops (second line)
- 1891 Tropicaire Blvd (third line)
- North Port, FL 34286 (fourth line)
- Once the workshop is over, you will need to deliver your boxes/rolls for shipment to the FedEx or UPS location below (each is 15 minutes from Cat Tesla's studio):
- FedEx: 1121 W Price Blvd, North Port, FL 34288
- UPS: 1181 S Sumter Blvd, North Port, FL 34287